STUDENT FOLK GROUP "JEDLINIOK"
It was created in 1975. The group takes its name from a Lower Silesian dance from Jedlina Zdroj. The members of the ensemble are students of the Agricultural University of Wroclaw and other university centers in Wroclaw. Not only does the ensemble perform the Silesian folklore, for instance, Lower Silesian, Upper Silesian, Cieszynski and Opolski Silesian, Beskid Slajski, Zaglebie Dabrowskie, but also from other Polish regions like Beskid Zywiecki, in the area of Nowy Sacz and Opoczno. Also national Polish dances - polonaise, masur and cracoviac are included in their repertoir.
"Jedliniok" gives preformances during very important cultural events in the city and it attends festivals, outdoor activities, reviews and university students celebrations.
The group has performed in many countries and in different continents, representing Poland in numerous and famous international folk festivals.
- 1978 Student Folk Groups Festival in Katowice (Poland), former Czechoslovakia, tour through France
- 1979 tour through Hungary
- 1980 tour through France
- 1983 20th Beskidy Highlanders' Week of Culture in Makow Podhalanski, Wisla, Zywiec (Poland), IFF in Trnjani (former Yugoslavia)
- 1984 FAMA festival in Swinoujscie (Poland), IFF in Castrowillari (Italy), Trnjani (former Yugoslavia)
- 1985 Festival of Folk Groups and Singers from Unviersities of Agriculture in Jasło (Poland), tour through former Yugoslavia, tour through France
- 1986 IFF in Algiers (Algeria), Santarem (Portugal), Estremadur (Spain), tour through former Yugoslavia
- 1987 IFF in Fuentes (Argentina), in Algiers (Algeria), tour through Brazil
- 1988 former Yugoslavia
- 1989 IFF in Bitburg (Germany), former Yugoslavia, tour through France
- 1990 Norway, France, tour through Germany
- 1991 IFF in Netanya (Israel), tour through France
- 1992 IFF in Cobh (Ireland), tour through France
- 1993 IFF in Palma de Majorka (Spain), Wrocław Day in Wiesbaden (Germany)
- 1994 IFF in Lazzarro (Italy), tour through France
- 1995 IFF in Karlsruhe (Germany), in Montrejeau (France)
- 1996 IFF in Silver Dollar City and Murfreesboro (USA), Polish Tourism Days in Gorlitz (Germany)
- 1997 IFF in Drummondville and Hamilton (Canada), Waynesville (USA), tour through France
- 1998 Wrocław Days in Poitiers (France)
- 1999 IFF in Agrigento (Italy), Schagen (Holland), Wuhan (China), Bitburg (Germany), tour through Germany
- 2000 IFF in Tainan and Nan-Ying (Taiwan), Puebla (Mexico), 40th Anniversary of the Reconstruction of Agadir (Morocco)
- 2001 IFF in Montguyon (France), 4th Negeri Sembilan Cultural Carnival, 2nd Sabah International Arts Festival (Malaysia)
- 2002 IFF in Kazicbarcika (Hungary)
- 2003 IFF in Vodnjanie (Croatia)
- 2004 IFF in Bitburg and Sussen (Germany), tour through Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2005 Polish Culture Days in Dresden (Germany), IFF in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), tour through Croatia
- 2006 IFF in Sharm Elshikh (Egypt), Bosnia and Herzegovina, tour through Croatia
- 2007 IFF in Conception (Chile), Argentina, tour through Brazil, Croatia, tour through Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2008 The International Chopin Festival in Chung Cheng (South Korea), IFF in Prague, Dolni Cermny (Czech Republic), Jakarta, Bali (Indonesia), tour through India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- 2009 IFF Wodnjan - Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina - tournee, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan - Polish Culture Festival
- 2010 IFF Hue - Vietnam. IFF, tournee - Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico
- 2011 IFF Lukavac - Bosnia and Herzegovina, tour Croatia, Nev Zeland.
- 2012 IFF Kladno - Czech Republic, Hakodate - Japan, tour - Australia
- 2013 IFF Calar - Iraq, Zonguldak, Rize - Turkey, Zatoka - Ukraine, Slany - Czech Republic, tour - Canada
- 2014 IFF Luoyang - China, Slany - Czech Republic, Portland, Tucson - USA, tour - Turkey, Canada, USA.
IFF - International Folklor Festival
For its contribution to spreading the national Polish culture in and out of the country and artistic achievements, the group was awarded the Diploma of the Minister of Culture and Art and also the Golden Badge to the Merit for the Wroclaw Province and the City of Wroclaw.
It has also been awarded national and international prizes, distinctions, diplomas and medals, for example, for their work in favour of the Agricultural University of Wroclaw including the Medal of the 50th Anniversary of the Agricultural University.
â€śJedliniokâ€ť also organises didactic and training courses. Since its foundation around 3000 students from different university centers in Wroclaw have attended its activities. Former members of the ensemble on numerous occasions have created and taken up the management of their own folk groups and are promoters of the cultural life in the region.